25 Dec 2013

Routignota

Hi there and welcome on this revolutionary unique blog of mine. In this first post I am providing the highly anticipated answers to your W-questions.

Who am I ?

My Name is Michael. I am 19 years old and I live in the small German town "Speyer".
I used to play tons of videogames which was caused by and further facilitated my lack in social skills to some degree.
Today I still like and play games occasionally. I wrote a short eBook with the intend to connect to both, hardcore gamers and prejudiced Non-Gamers. I might write reviews, also movie reviews on here as well but that was not the main purpose for me to start this blog.


Why did I start this blog ?

While I definitely experienced how consistency is essential for growth in any area, I am still valuing the concept of trying new things every day. I like to call it "getting out of autopilot".
As Tony Robbins put it in regard to certainty and uncertainty I believe we need both: routines which we commit to everyday i.e. working out, reading, meditation; As well as changing up our overall daily routine either drastically by deciding to go camping with your buddies at 7 in the evening when it is already pitch-dark, or even as small as walking against the direction designated by the escalator.
This idea of breaking out of routines is a concept I would invite you to experiment with. Therefore I will share anecdotes of mine.
However you might gain all kinds of knowledge on here. Prepare for your first and potentially not last lesson in Latin which is related to:

What the heck does the title mean ?

LATIN CRASH COURSE START
So the word "routine" comes from French word route which originated from the the Latin "via rupta". "Via" is the path. In Latin an adjective is linked to a noun through congruence in 
  1. case "casus" (nominative, genitive, dative, accusative, ablative, and vocative )
  2. number "numerus" (singular, plural)
  3. gender "genus" (masculine, feminine and neuter)
"Via" is feminine therefore the participle of the verb "rumpere" - (to) break is also feminine.
The suffix "a" indicates feminine (in the common A-conjugation).
LATIN CRASH COURSE END

Being the genius I am, I used the (feminine form of the) Latin word for unknown: "ignota" and came up with: Routignota

Where am I going ?

I love outdoor activities and camping. I will go on a 2 month road trip to Istanbul with 5 of my mates, after graduating in the coming spring. 
I am planning quite a lot more to come. Prepare for divers content in even more divers formats!

In this last year 2013 I got into personal development and working out. I was massively empowered by Elliott Hulse's videos to "Become the strongest version of myself" which helped me to take the first steps on the path that I have chosen. 
Thank You Elliott!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe to our newsletter